If you would like me to write up an entry on this painstakingly long task (of getting a green card and moving back to the US), let me know.
We finally got our exit interview in Guangzhou and will be back in the US in November.
In other China news:
- Wikipedia is blocked again (at this point though, who cares, really).
- It’s been raining for the last 7 weeks.
- Here in Chuxiong, the amount of tourists went from zero to about 100 per day in the last year, pretty amazing. (Mainly domestic travel, but a few foreigners here and there).
- They are expanding Yi Ren Gu Zhen to seven sections now (we were the first, then they added the second, now they are adding five more. Each section represents about 200 high-end houses and storefronts).
- They are going to reroute the train track that cuts through the development.
- They are displacing the farmers without any compensation, even when they protest. Don’t you love capitalism?
- (When I say they, I mean the developers and the government.)